Przeczytaj poniższy tekst na temat prawidłowego zachowania at the party na imprezie. Sprawdź w słowniczku nowo poznane słówka.
Do you love socializing with other people and going to parties? That’s great! If you visit your friends in their houses, there are a couple of things you need to remember about.
Jeżeli dopiero zaczynasz przygodę z językiem angielskim, warto sięgnąć po samouczki i kursy dla każdego. Znajdziesz wiele interesujących publikacji, które pomogą Tobie w szybszym opanowaniu języka angielskiego.
- Think of some outfit in which you will feel comfortable, but at the same time don’t forget to look nice. It depends on the occasion but before you leave the house check your wardrobe and pick appropriate clothes.
- It is polite to ask the host if you should bring any food like snacks or beverages. Even if they refuse, you can take a bottle of good wine with you. Believe me this small gift will mean a lot.
- Try to come on time or turn up not later than fifteen minutes after it is scheduled. It seems a good idea to say „thanks for inviting me” and compliment the hosts on something charming in their house. They will appreciate your interest and honest intentions.
- I don’t need to remind you about making conversations with other people. You never know who has been invited. There can be really interesting people around. Come up to someone who looks friendly and have a small talk.
- As the party is slowly coming to an end, find the host and tell them „I had a lovely time.” Show your gratitude and say „Hope to see you next time in my place. You’re invited.”
Poniżej przedstawiamy przykładowy dialog na imprezie. Przeanalizuj każde zdanie pod kątem przydatnych wyrażeń. Poniżej znajdziesz tłumaczenie najtrudniejszych słów i przydatnych zwrotów, które pomogą Ci odnieść sukces w codziennej komunikacji.
Justin: Hi Claire! Glad to see you. Come in.
Claire: Hello, thanks for inviting me. I’m sorry I’m late but there is a lot of traffic right now. Oh, I decided to bring some wine. It’s for you.
Justin: It’s really nice of you. I’ll take it to the kitchen. You can leave your coat over there.
Claire: Thanks. What a lovely flat you have. It’s so spacious and modern. Love it.
Justin: Great to hear that. Let’s go to the living room. I will introduce you to the rest of my guests.
Claire: Fine. I can’t wait.
Justin: Guys, this is Claire. She’s my workmate. Hope you can talk to everyone. Feel at home.
Claire: Hi there. I’m Claire, Justin’s workmate. What’s your name?
Christopher: Nice to meet you Claire. I’m Christopher.
Claire: Sorry, I didn’t catch your name. It’s loud here.
Christopher: My name’s Christopher and I went to university with Justin.
Claire: Oh! And what brings you here?
Christopher: I haven’t seen him for a long time and now I’m in the city so it’s a nice chance to talk to him. Claire, do you want me to get you something to drink?
Claire: Well, I’ll have a beer if it’s not a problem for you.
Christopher: There you go. Cheers!
Claire: To Justin. So what do you do?
Christopher: I’m a sales representative and I travel a lot. And you?
Claire: Justin and I work in the sales department. It’s cool and we enjoy working together.
Christopher: Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Would you like to go to the cinema?
Claire: With pleasure. I have a day off work so we can go out on Saturday.
Christopher: Awesome. OK, I’ll get us some snacks.
Claire: Justin, I need to go. Tomorrow I’m going on a business trip if remember. Thanks for having me.
Justin: Alright, I understand. That was great to see you. I’ll ask my sister to give you a lift.
Claire: Oh, there’s no need. I’ll catch a taxi. Thanks again. Enjoy the party and see you on Friday.
Justin: See you.
ĆWICZENIA PDF DO POBRANIA