If you review law books, public records or even talk to residents of some cities in the USA, you may find out about unusual and obscure laws. The regulations we have prepared for you are real and whether you believe them or not, we hope they will make you smile for the rest of the day.
- In Alabama it is illegal to keep an ice-cream cone in your back pocket.
- In Oklahoma it’s illegal to make love with a vehicle. What the heck! I wouldn’t know where to start.
- Don’t even think about slurping your soup in public in New Jersey. Cops can arrest you.
- We may fight with Putin, but farmers in America need to face another problem. In Connecticut pickles have to bounce to be considered pickles. No comment.
- Now something for men. Don’t kiss your girlfriend if you have a moustache because it’s illegal in Nevada.
- Arizona seems to be very conservative. You mustn’t have more than two dildos in your house!
- Let’s stay in Arizona a bit longer. You cannot cut down a cactus unless you want to be sentenced to 25 years in jail.
- This one is good. It’s illegal to sell your eyeballs in Texas. I don’t know if you have ever thought about it, but I wanted to warn you just in case.
- American women are beautiful, right? But did you realize that in New Mexico it’s forbidden for a female to show up unshaven in public. Apparently, local authorities don’t accept an Italian style.
- In Indiana you shouldn’t use public transport if you have eaten onions or a garlic.
- Policemen can bite a dog if they believe it will calm the dog down. Such things happen in Ohio.
- It’s illegal to give your sweetheart a box of chocolates weighing more than 22 kg if you live in the state of Ohio.
- It goes without saying that hygiene’s important. That is why, every citizen of Kentucky must take a shower at least once year. It shouldn’t be hard.
- In California don’t try cycling in a swimming pool. It’s prohibited.
- For those of you who like alcohol, the following hint may be unfair. In Pennsylvania, you must have your wife’s written consent to purchase booze.
- All lollipops are banned in the state of Washington. Why? I can’t come up with a logical explanation.
ice-cream cone – rożek z wafla (do lodów)
make love – kochać się (uprawiać seks)
vehicle – pojazd
What the heck? – co u licha
slurp – siorbać, mlaskać (podczas jedzenia)
cop – glina, policjant
pickle – ogórek kiszony
bounce – odbijać się
dildo – sztuczny penis
be sentenced to – być skazanym na
jail – więzienie
eyeball – gałka oczna
warn – ostrzegać
just in case – na wszelki wypadek
forbidden – zakazany
show up – pojawić się
unshaven – nieogolony
apparently – najwidoczniej
bite – ugryźć
calm down – uspokoić się
sweetheart – ukochana/y
citizen – obywatel
prohibited – zabronione
written consent – pisemna zgoda
purchase – kupić
booze – alkohol, gorzała
lollipop – lizak
banned – zakazany
come up with – wpaść (np. na pomysł)
W tym artykule…
W tym artykule zastosowaliśmy kilka czasowników modalnych. Jeśli chcesz wiedzieć więcej na temat modal verbs, przejdź do zakładki gramatyka. Możesz również pobrać dodatkowe ćwiczenia gramatyczne.